Each service scenario on our funeral prices page includes a professional service fee.
Here is a further explanation of how our service fee is calculated;
In the spirit of transparency and a desire to ensure you are well informed, a further explanation about our professional service fee is provided below. For most funerals in our care, our professional service fee is made up of 5 components discussed below. In circumstances where we are honouring a request for no ceremony or gathering (i.e. an unattended cremation), the professional service fee will only include components 1, 2 & 3.
1. Burstows expertise, skill, care and attention, and necessary overhead costs: ($2055) This component includes but is not limited to consultation with the family; administrative, co-ordination and clerical services; preparation and lodgement of the registration of the death; a proportionate cost share for the provision and maintenance of necessary premises and equipment; maintenance of purpose built specialty vehicles e.g. mortuary transfer vehicle and hearse; compliance with current workplace health and safety requirements; ongoing training and development of our staff; telephone, electricity, gas, rates, taxes and insurances; workers compensation, compulsory superannuation; and andby and penalty rates for the availability of a 24 hour workforce.
2. Mortuary transfer vehicle & staff: ($500) To manage the local transfer of the deceased into our care at any hour of any day. Please note that should we be engaged for ‘transfer only’ services, an additional fee of $400 will apply, for the safe keeping of the deceased for the requested duration, in our mortuary care centre.
3. All necessary preparation, care and safe keeping of the deceased for the requested duration, in our purpose-built Mortuary Care Centre: (Ranges from $495 - $880) depending on level of professional care required or requested.
4. Facilitating Funeral Ceremony: As an average $2250, however this fee can range from $765 - $3595. This component of the professional service fee is based on the provision of funeral personnel required for the organisation and facilitation of viewings, ceremony and/or gatherings at the chosen location and where applicable, a proportionate cost share of the Burstows facility and resources when used as a venue or gathering place.
5. Local use of Hearse as required or requested – ($250)
Please also note that our service fee includes GST of 10%