We are seeking a motivated and ambitious person to help us achieve success and further develop our long standing and thriving business. We have an amazing workplace culture that ensures we are always motivated but enjoy what we do in the process.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with day-to-day accounting transactions and reconciliation of accounts in XERO
- Payroll preparation
- Monitoring of accounts receivable, receipts and proactively addressing overdue debtor accounts
- Monitoring of accounts payable and respective payments
- Monitoring of key business departments and branches including month and year end reconciliations between different business entities
- The use of systems, reports and templates within XERO to support all bookkeeping and business planning activities
- Assistance to our financial advisors with regards to compliance with
- the ATO including lodgement of BAS
- the OSR Queensland including lodgement of Payroll Tax Returns
- WorkSafe Queensland including lodgement of yearly workplace remuneration
- Liaise with financial advisors as required and in a timely manner
- Provide a spectacular service both on the phone and in-person with everyone that you engage with. Communicating respectfully and clearly with fellow staff, suppliers, advisors and our client families is a necessity along with being a positive team member with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Develop and follow workplace procedures
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required
Skills & Qualifications:
The Senior Bookkeeper will demonstrate capacity to:
- Be self managed, organised and efficient with deadlines
- Be detail oriented and move rapidly while maintaining high quality performance
- Work collaboratively with Business Unit Managers to maximise the use of our resources for the benefit of our clients while using the existing processes and frameworks of our business to ensure compliance
- Have an understanding of GST
- Have impeccable communication skills both oral and written
The bookkeeper will have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- 3+ years bookkeeping/financial experience in a small/medium sized business
- Have proficient knowledge and experience in XERO by ideally holding a XERO certification
- Payroll experience in a medium-large environment (10+ employees) including superannuation, STP, Workcover and payroll tax
As a senior member of our team your attendance at monthly Business Unit Managers Meetings is expected.
A competitive salary is offered. We also encourage ongoing professional development so that you continue to grow your skills as the role develops.