Maintenance Support Officer
The role of Maintenance Support Officer allows you to work with a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals that embrace the funeral service industry.
Although no previous industry experience is needed, the role requires an individual that can demonstrate they are self-directed and able to co-ordinate a variety of tasks and stakeholders to deliver superior service for our families and support other team members.
This role will entail, but not limited to:
- Maintain first class presentation of Burstows vehicle fleet to reflect Burstows’ attitude in all aspects of the funeral process
- Clean and detail vehicles inside and out, being able to complete this while allowing for the daily schedule of funerals, transfers and any other work which needs to be completed
- Complete a weekly check of vehicles including fluids and tyre pressure
- Maintenance of equipment carried in hearses, transfer vehicles, grave set-up vehicle including stretchers, church trucks, Portable Audio (PA) Systems and associated equipment
- Establishment of a maintenance program for all equipment with completed work to be logged in an appropriate maintenance record
- Arrange scheduled servicing of vehicles and equipment as required in conjunction with the Co-Ordination team
- Set up and take down grave equipment at cemetery sites
- Be aware of and strictly adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Training in all areas of work
- Assist on funerals as required
- Work in conjunction with Funeral Service Garden and Maintenance Assistant to ensure Holiday reliefs are covered