General Funeral/Crematorium Assistant
The role of General Funeral/Crematorium Assistant allows you to work with a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals that embrace the funeral service industry.
Although no previous industry experience is needed, the role requires an individual that can demonstrate they are self-directed and able to coordinate a variety of tasks and stakeholders to deliver superior service for our families and support other team members.
Your contribution to the team:
- Provide daily assistance and support in our Crematorium.
- Preparation of coffins/caskets, e.g., trimming of linings, name plates and final finishes. Assistance with ordering and stock requirements may be required.
- Providing a transfer service for the deceased, from home, aged care, or hospital, through to our care.
- Assist in maintaining first class presentation of the Burstows vehicle fleet.
- Funeral assistance, providing support to our Senior Funeral Arrangement Consultants (Funeral Directors) and assisting the before, during and after the funeral service as required.
- Provide assistance and back up support with gardening, cleaning, and other general maintenance duties.
- Ensure the professionalism and high-quality standard that Burstows takes pride in delivering to our families and communities.
- Setting up for the funeral service both within our facility, as well as external churches, gravesides, and chapels i.e., lowering device, matting, chairs, and shades.
- Be aware of and strictly adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Training in all areas of work.
- Complete other general maintenance tasks as required, in Toowoomba and our branch locations.
You must have:
- An unrestricted C Class driving licence.
- Impeccable verbal and personal presentation.
- Excellent attention to detail .
- General IT/computer understanding.
- Be physically fit to pass a pre-employment medical.
- Police check is also required for this role.
What's on offer?
- Work with a fantastic team within a professional and exceptionally presented facility.
- Uniform provided.
- Superannuation salary sacrifice is available.
This is a smoke free workplace.
If this sounds like the role for you, we look very forward to hearing from you.