Funeral Team Leader - Toowoomba
The role of Funeral Team Leader (Toowoomba) allows you to guide and develop a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals that embrace the funeral service industry.
Although no previous industry experience is needed, the role requires an individual that can demonstrate they are self-directed, with strong leadership and co-ordination capabilities. This role involves dealing with a variety of tasks and stakeholders to deliver superior service for our families.
In addition, the role essentially requires:
- Well-developed skills in people/relationship management and emotional intelligence.
- Proven team management and communication skills.
- Impeccable verbal and personal presentation.
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Be outcome focused.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Accurate administration and intermediate IT skills.
- Second-to-none customer service skills.
- Personal accountability and motivation to deliver on outcomes.
This role will entail, but not limited to:
- Providing daily direction, support and leadership of the funeral arrangement, co-ordination, and client family liaison teams.
- Timely co-ordination and logistical management of resources (e.g., rostering) to deliver the highest standards to our clients and families.
- Consulting with facilities such as hospitals, aged care, medical practitioners, and client families around first call requirements and assist in the booking of arrangements and funeral staff allocations.
- Ensuring training programs are in place to support and build team capability.
- Assisting with administration and finance duties related to funeral service delivery and follow up.
- Ability to guide your team with negotiations and challenging situations.
- Driving and developing procedures and processes relevant to the department.
To apply you will require a current unrestricted driver license and it is necessary that you reside within 30mins from our Toowoomba funeral home. To be successful for this role you will also be required to complete a police check and pre-employment medical. This is a full-time position, which will also require rostered weekend and night work to meet team and business requirements.
If you are a people person with a passion to grow and develop a passionate team, whilst developing accountability and communication this role could be of interest to you. This role will offer diversity and challenge but will be very rewarding for the right person.