Funeral Assistant - Toowoomba (Casual employment position)
The role of a Funeral Assistant is vital to ensure the professionalism and high-quality standard that Burstows takes pride in delivering to our families and communities, whilst providing you with a rewarding vocation. This opportunity allows you to work with a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals that embrace the funeral service industry.
Although no previous industry experience is needed, the role requires:
- Skills in people/relationship management
- Impeccable verbal and personal presentation
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Be outcome focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Second-to-none customer service skills
This role will entail, but not limited to:
- Setting up for the funeral services both within our facility, as well as at external churches and chapels
- Providing support to our Senior Funeral Arrangement Consultants (Funeral Directors) and assisting them before, during and after the funeral service as required
- Providing a transfer service for the deceased, from home or hospital, through to our client's care (including after hours and weekends)
- Assist with the detailing of company vehicles to ensure first class presentation.
- The need to be physically capable (lifting & set ups at gravesides including placing framework around graves, lowering device in place, placing chairs and erecting shade) and
- Availability day and night and on weekends. Applicants must be flexible, with 'on call' availability.
Importantly this role requires superior stakeholder communication skills, to ensure understanding of all requirements, whilst multitasking to meet timeframes and deliver on high expectations.
To apply you will require a current unrestricted driver's license and due to the 'on-call' nature of our rostering it is necessary that you reside within 20mins from our Toowoomba funeral home.