Funeral Arranger/Director – Toowoomba (permanent position)
Seeking a Funeral Arranger/Director to join a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals within the funeral service industry.
- Fantastic opportunity to make a difference with an industry-leading salary
- Based in Toowoomba | No previous experience required | Permanent role
- Deliver superior service for our community and support other team members
The role of Funeral Director / Arranger allows you to work with a passionate and multi-skilled team of professionals that embrace the funeral service industry. This role is vital to ensure the highest level of care is provided to our local families and the community in their time of need. At all times this role requires the highest levels of professionalism and quality, and in return provides you a rewarding vocation, whilst being part of an industry leading team.
Although no previous industry experience is needed, the role requires an individual that can demonstrate they are self-directed and able to coordinate a variety of tasks and stakeholders to deliver superior service for our families and support other team members.
What's on offer?
- Fantastic career path and an industry-leading annual salary above $65k plus Superannuation
- Hours - 38 hours per week, plus reasonable OT (6 hours per fortnight) working on a 7-week roster. Salary includes one weekend to be worked (with then Monday and Tuesday RDO), and an on-call for a 2nd weekend within the roster. If ever called in on RDO's or for a 3rd weekend within roster, overtime rates are paid
- Uniform provided
- Superannuation salary sacrifice is available
Your contribution to the team:
- Discuss and plan funeral details with bereaved families, including associated administrative and planning tasks
- Arrange funerals including completion of contractual arrangements
- Coordinate and assist with funerals, as required, noting that a Minister will always conduct the actual funeral service
- Conduct viewings and assist families every step of the way through the arrangement and funeral planning, including meetings to confirm audio visual requirements or any additional requests
- Consult with facilities such as hospitals, aged care, medical practitioners, and client families around first call requirements, including the transfer of the deceased person into our care
- Set up for the funeral services both within the Burstows facility, as well as at external churches, chapels, and venues
- Assist families and the wider community at the funeral, whilst working with other team members and stakeholders to deliver a superior quality service
- Be an ambassador for our client and their family
- Support your fellow team members, both in Toowoomba and across our branches as required.
Skillset and Experience Required:
- Police Check
- You must pass a pre-employment medical
- Skills in people/relationship management
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with an impeccable presentation5
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail with intermediate administration and IT skills
- Second-to-none customer service skills with a passion for people
- Personal accountability and motivation to deliver on outcomes
This role will require a police check and pre-employment medical to ensure the standard of fitness required (e.g., Can you complete ten consecutive push-ups? Can you lift 20kg and hold a squat position? Do you regularly exercise? Do you participate in physical sporting activities?). Given the level of professionalism, support and care we offer our families we are also a smoke free workplace.
To apply you will require a current unrestricted driver's license.
If this sounds like the role for you, click 'apply now'.