Design and AV Team Leader
As a well-respected provider of funeral services in the local region, we endeavour to provide our client and their families exceptional care and support every step of the way. This extends to our professionally designed graphic and AV service deliverables. Our design, print and chapel facilities are of the highest quality to allow us to provide a transformational experience to meet the needs of loved ones in time of need.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Design and AV Team Leader to join and manage our current team. This role will act as the inhouse Design and Audio-Visual Team Lead, planning and distributing work to the design team whilst providing hands-on operational and design support against the brand guidelines. This role will be the main contact person for the Design/AV studio to our many stakeholders.
The responsibilities of this key role in our business will entail:
- Co-ordination of design and audio-visual requirements for all funeral services
- Scheduling and refining workflow within the team
- Graphic design and operational delivery of service requirements and branding projects
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders on design/AV requirements prior to each service to understand all requests and service components, including follow up with client families
- Develop new designs and product range for client families
- Quality control and proofing of service deliverables
- Ability to understand desired outcomes for projects and provide advice in a timely manner
- Provide leadership to the team and report to management regularly on achievements, concerns and issues
- Ensure design assets are high quality, delivered on time and budget
- Review operational costs and pricing on a regular basis
- Ensure consistent branding and the highest quality deliverables for corporate items
- Maintain corporate website and social media channels
- Develop and support marketing initiatives
- Provide design and audio-visual training to other team members
- Foster a team environment of high performance, responsiveness and customer service
- Improve current systems and processes to support team outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will require the following skills and experience:
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Relevant experience or qualifications in graphic design, audio visual production
- Self-driven with initiative
- Ability to remain calm, professional, and dynamic under pressure and when facing changing priorities.
- Ability to think laterally and be solution focused
- Knowledge of industry-related software and/or equipment, including the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven ability to manage a small team and workflow
Importantly this role requires superior stakeholder communication skills, to ensure understanding of all requirements, whilst multi-tasking to meet timeframes and deliver on high expectations. This role incorporates a hands-on design role with management of the design and AV team.